Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Perspective correction in Lightroom 3!

Sometimes my prayers are answered. I've been using the Lightroom 3 beta for months, but Lightroom 3 was just officially released, and I was overjoyed to discover that it includes perspective correction tools that weren't there in the beta.

What's perspective correction? Well, here's a photo I took today in downtown Dallas, on the east side.



And here's the same photo, after a little perspective correction on the vertical axis.



Makes a big difference, no?

Here's the photo I was really after. Click to view it full size:



This panorama was actually created in Photoshop Elements 8, and then given final processing in Lightroom 3; so the perspectival correction in the pano was done in Photoshop. But it's nice to know I can now fix single images in Lightroom 3 when I need to.

1 comment:

  1. Dad this photo should be on a brochure or some high gloss publication. What a great photo. -Anne

    ReplyDelete